Friday 19 April 2013

Evaluation Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I now know how to use Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe After Effects. Whereas at the beginning of the year I had no idea how to use these software packages I know feel more confident when using them.



  I wanted to copy the editing from the amazing Alfred Hitchcock as he used a lot of blackouts and cross dissolves. This I think adds a bit of mystery to the story and it helps with the continuity.
 Also I think that the effects of the unfolding of the words on the tablets add to the slow process that I wanted to create throughout the film opening and helps with the flow of the continuity.
I wanted to add an essence from the eras 1920's-1940 this was portrayed through the mise-en-scene and the editing (specifically the tablets explaining the story). This was very hard to create but in the end I think the final draft came out pretty well.

When I was thinking about the audio, I started to look up the silent movies and found that they had no speech, no Foley it was all just a non-diegetic playlist. So going back to the 1940's era I wanted a song from this time and a slow one as the actors were going to be slow dancing. So I thought of the song White Cliffs Of Dover by Vera Lynn Below:

But getting my hands on this audio footage was pretty hard in the end I was able to get it but putting the audio onto premier pro panicked me but in the end it was all sorted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment