Friday 19 April 2013

Evaluation Question 2

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

I think my media product being set in the 1940's I tried to represent a patriarchal world with the main character Thom leading the main lady Vera to the dance floor. Also I thyink that the lack of people that were at the 'dance' represents the social life that the women had in the 1940's as the men would've all been out to war so the men would've been scarce and when they did come home on leave they wouldn't have wanted to go out much. So it would've been harder for women to be engaged or married etc.
I think that if you compare this social group to the one in Pearl Harbour. The group is totally different but the director is trying to represent a loud and crazy life that had brought these two lovers through and how they didn't know when their lives were going to end. Whereas I'm trying to represent a social group who have been torn apart by the war and that all they can lean on is each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment